Pages

perjantai 10. lokakuuta 2014

Oldhammer acquisitions. There be dragons!

Well I'm getting back into a good hobby flow with some painting being done during this week which has seen 12 more British Napoleonics getting quite a bit of paint on as well as some 15mm Prussians, which are now only waiting for basing. I've also managed to get rid of my old 40k Tau project that has been gathering dust for a few years already.

But more importantly I've finally managed to acquire something that I've wanted for quite some time already! Behold Nick Bibby's Great Spined Dragon! Out of all old citadel dragons this is just somehow the most striking. Especially the facial features are amazingly 'realistic' and extremely menacing. I found this one from the main Finnish wargaming forum for 35 euros which I consider quite a good deal. It's not 100% original  though as the wings are the plastic Balrog wings from the LOTR range, but they look good and are actually quite close to the originals.


All didn't go as planned though as one of the wings broke when I brought it home and the grocery bags rolled on top of the bag where I had the dragon. Bit of a shame, but then again I'm a bit skeptical it would have lasted paint removal either and now I can at least fine tune the wing positions before painting. Now he is off to a bath of Fairy Power Spray and then some pinning and green stuff to fix the wings again.


3 kommenttia:

  1. Nice and very, very impressive!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wow! That's quite a change of scene, and a very imposing model. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. We'll see when that date comes :) An Early War FoW army and some Bolt Action Germans still to paint before I have an empty painting table and time for new stuff :P Maybe then Warhammer especially with the new End Times releases

      Poista