Pages

maanantai 27. lokakuuta 2014

Heavy weaponry for the Devils

I'm back at the painting table and going live with the first finished things! These are actually not the first ones I've painted after the pause, but the first ones I've managed to base up. Two 15mm Prussian battalions waiting for basing as well as a few bases of 28mm Napoleonic Brits.

However here is the heavy artillery for my Red Devils. A 6 pounder for countering those ever increasing numbers of tanks in our games and a 75mm Howitzer for removing any unit that gets too comfortable in a building or the like. This should see the Red Devils finished for quite some time. I still have a few odd minis and an extra squad blister that I got, but they won't be needed in games so I'm going to leave them for later when I'm tired of everything else :)


The broken wall that the 6pdr crew is using for cover is made from crafts foam and scored with a pencil. I'm not 100% sure I like the colour so I might have to tweak it a bit later on. Still perfectly good for gaming and carrying that 'Hard Cover' save around all the time :P



On the howitzer I actually had to do some fixing as the standing crew man was missing part of his arm. A little bit of green stuff and a hand from some Victrix box provided a nice quick fix. It was actually the first Warlord mini that I had any issues with.



Finally one extra PIAT toting man from Artizan Designs and the Warlord rulebook exclusive mini that I got from a fellow club member Juha.




12 kommenttia:

  1. Your Red Devils are a feast for the eye as always! Like the 75mm howitzer a lot.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! Sadly no more Red Devils to paint at least for now. I still need to take a group shot, but my home photo station won't hold them all :)

      Poista
  2. Great job, I love your bases so much!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hola
    Pedazo de trabajo,si señor
    un saludo

    VastaaPoista
  4. Fantastic work! I love everything about them, the painting, the basing, the choice of army :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! Brits and especially brits falling out of the sky are never a bad choice :)

      Poista
  5. That all looks stunning to me - great job on all of it, especially the wall.

    VastaaPoista