Pages

tiistai 12. elokuuta 2014

Hobby progress and conventions for autumn!





Now that I've more or less survived a friends stag party and recovery is well on it's way it was time to get back into hobby stuff again. Hard to get a good flow going when you are interrupted every few days and can't really focus on a project from start to finish :) But still the "last" unit for my 101st army is gathering paint and is really only needing highlights on their jackets, skin and the guns and then I'm done. I still have a few sniper stands, half a platoon and an MG platoon left, but I never really seem to run them in a game so I guess they'll have to wait as I really need to start working on the Waterloo project again. Roughly 16 battalions and a handful of squadrons to paint up still.


But more importantly I managed to book flights to Belgium to go and visit Crisis in the beginning of November! I was looking for a longish weekend getaway with the missus for the autumn when I remembered that Crisis was held during that time frame. After some excellent argumentation on behalf of tiny lead men and some vague promises related to the diamond district, Antwerp was settled upon. Judging from the pictures I've seen on the blogs over the years it should be a very nice weekend. Though I have a feeling that the 23kilo weight limit on air travel might prove to be slightly too little :) At least now there is something to wait for as the Finnish Summer is turning from a record heat wave into the regular rainy affair that it normally is.


7 kommenttia:

  1. Nice! I've been thinking to go to Crisis few times and now you can scout ahead. maybe next year...

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! I'll try to scout it out quite thoroughly then :)

      Poista
  2. Very nice, a great work on the bases too!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Those bases look great but it is even better to hear, that you will be at Crisis... Really looking forward to meeting you there!

    I can remember one visit to Salute when my carry on luggage was heavier than my checked in luggage. Back then (and still today) they rarely check the weight of carry on non-charter flights! ;-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! I'll see you there then :) Are you running a game again this year or just visiting?

      Poista
    2. I shall be running a Normandy game in 28mm, so you should be able to find me around that table. I fear walking around the halls might be minimal for me, as it always seems to be when hosting a game!
      BTW.. if you do not want to carry everything around with you all the time use the space under my table as a "locker".

      Poista
    3. I'll have to try finding you there then :) I'm aiming to shop only that much that I can comfortably carry so hopefully I won't need to use your table for storage :P

      Poista