Pages

perjantai 4. heinäkuuta 2014

Tetrarch rolling in

I finally managed to fix up and finish the Tetrarch so now my Red Devils will be supported by some (extremely light) armor. This tank is tiny as you can see from the first image and in my opinion is closer to the early tankettes than a "real" tank. Still in reality it did provide some mobile fire support for the Paras as it was able to be airlifted and landed with gliders straight into the thick of battle. It remains to be seen how this will fare in Bolt Action. I'm a bit anxious as my regular opponent fields a 3,7cm Flak cannon that can really tear this guy into tiny pieces in a heart beat.


Historically the 6th Airborne Division landed 20 of these into Normandy with less than spectacular success. Many were lost in the landings and when they were setting of most of the tanks were stuck when parachute cords got stuck in their tracks. In battle they performed reconnaissance duties and limited support against German armor. In reality they didn't stand much of a chance against far superior German armor and were quickly relegated to infantry support and true armor support for the Paras was gathered from other formations.


I painted the chassis in two different green tones using colour modulation to add a bit of variety to the monotone green. As I already said in an earlier post I had some issues with the paint coming off the tracks during weathering. After a quick paint fix I got back to weathering. Again I added some paint chips with a sponge followed by a Ammo of Mig wash all over. After the wash was dry I wiped most of and painted on some streaks using more products from the same range. Finally I added mud using Easy Mud in two different shades.



7 kommenttia:

  1. Outstanding! Great looking tank, wonderful weathering and that is just brilliant.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Fabulous looking Tetrarch! I really like the green you used. I'm glad it looks like you solved the problekm with the paint flaking off.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! Luckily the paint stuck onto the surface when I switched away from acrylics for rebasecoating.

      Poista
  3. Excellent paint job, love the mud effect...

    VastaaPoista
  4. Great looking model! Nice job on the weathering. I love the Tetrarch, it's like a whole other level of suicidal behaviour - not only have you jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane or crash-landed in a glider, now you're going to roll around in a cardboard box with a pea-shooter on the top!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! Yeah judging from what these guys did in the 40s, most of the current extreme sports don't seem so extreme after all :)

      Poista