Pages

maanantai 21. heinäkuuta 2014

Hellcat platoons

Well I finished up my Hellcat platoons finally. Didn't get them done in the timespan that I had in mind, but then again the game was cancelled too so not too much of a loss. Final details and decals took a lot longer than anticipated with far too much time going to painting tracks and trying to avoid previous paintjobs in the meantime. And putting in about 70 decals was annoying to say the least. Maybe doing 14 vehicles in a batch wasn't the greatest of the ideas after all :) Anyway fun minis to paint as the Hellcat is one of my favorite tanks of all time. You can't go wrong when you have about 18 tons of steel rolling around at up to 60km/h running with a radial aircraft engine.

I decided to use the decals to make recognition on the tabletop a bit easier to if for example the platoons are situated very close to each other. Half of the Hellcats are named and the M20's have different styled names to mark them for one platoon or the other. Painting wise these Allied vehicles for WW2 aren't too interesting with a the monotone green colour scheme so I tried putting in colour where I could by painting the tracks in a rust colour etc. Not much of it is visible beneath the mud anymore, but at least I tried :)

After these I'll concentrate on finalizing our Winter War demo game for Ropecon that is held next weekend here in Finland. It's the biggest roleplaying and wargaming convention in Finland and my club has a few demo games running including my Winter War table, a Samurai version of SAGA (with rules graciously borrowed from Kurpfalz Feldherren), Force on Force Vietnam and Warmachine all there. Still small touches to add to the table and we're set to go. And after the convention I have a small holiday at our summer cottage so that will probably mean a pause in painting again unless I decide to drag a small painting box with me hidden from the better half.


The four nameless tanks are guided by Suzy and Jane. I only ended up putting the Tank Destroyer badge on one of the tanks as it's actually too large for the Hellcat. I figured trying to fix it for 8 tanks was too much and only left it on one.



Weenie One, Battling Bitch, Blood N Guts and Destruction rolling forward with Speedy and Daring showing the way.



3 kommenttia:

  1. Nice job on the Hellcats, I love the names! They are a lot of fun to play. All the best for Ropecon. Some interesting games you've got there. Cheers, Paul :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! I've seen them cause havoc so many times that I had to get some too :) The British Guards Armor will have to to find some other units to support now that the airborne has moved the TD way :P Maybe a chance for a British army then...

      Poista