Pages

torstai 5. joulukuuta 2013

New real estate

I've been busy prepping new minis for Curt's painting challenge and clearing my table of all WIP stuff that I have (which is a depressingly huge pile with my attraction to all things shiny and new). However I couldn't resist taking a break from minis and putting together some Sarissa buildings that I got in the mail yesterday.

I ordered 4 different Gaslamp Alley buildings from Sarissa to start on a VSF gaming board to use with In Her Majestys Name and other skirmish games. Quality is excellent, but I would maybe have liked to have a bit more interior detail, but for 15-20 pounds a building these are a real bargain. They go together without any issues, as long as you put the side walls the right way round, otherwise they won't stack. I made the mistake on one of the floors and it was a pain in the butt to correct after the glue had already dried on the MDF boards.

The only real issue I had was that window details and balcony are done from a different material (fibreboard I think) which isn't as sturdy as MDF. I already broke one and I'm a bit worried that they won't last gaming. Also one of the detail parts wasn't cut into the right size so I had to trim them a bit so that they fit the walls.


On another note, I really have to take a tally on how much I'm going to paint for the painting challenge. At the moment the planned queue has around 400 6mm figures, 200 15mm figures, 20 15mm tanks, and maybe 60 28mm figures. Don't know if it will be enough to reach my goal of 1200 points, but we'll see.

1 kommentti:

  1. I have some Sarissa buildings too. Corner pub from Gaslamp in particular, but also that kiosk, which I haven't worked out how to paint.

    VastaaPoista